We have spent a lot of time discussing what needs to be done and we have come up with the following list of jobs:
- Rip up and dispose the “lawn”
- Remove the top layer of soil and replace with fertile new soil
- Add instant turf
- create a zone each for the kids play area, lawn and growing produce
- build a garden shed which will help de-clutter our garage
- Replace the entire fence
- add some garden paths to get around the yard
- transform the front yard into something that is usable and aesthetically pleasing
- Slowly introduce greenery into the front and back yards
Its a big ‘to-do’ list so lets see what happens.
We now need to find a good landscaper that can work with us on turning the plan into reality.