I didnt get to take pics while the gents were taking down the old and constructing the new fence(ill try and do better for future posts), so im adding some photos I have taken over time and uploaded retrospectively to support this post.
It took 2 days all up to finish this job.
The first day of the job consisted of:
- taking down of the old fence
- removal of all fence posts and post footings
- the run of string lines to ensure levels are correct
- the drilling of new fence post holes
- excavation of a small trench for the sleepers that will sit under the fence
- installation and cementing of of new fence Posts, sleepers and only the bottom rail
- installation of approximately 70% of of the fence panels
So in summary, Day 1 was a very busy day where they completed approximately 70% of the job. They did start early and finished late but they made excellent progress
The second day of the job consisted of:
- installation of the remaining fence panels
- finishing and capping the top raile
- minor paint touch ups for any scratches incurred during installation
- site clean up
Here are some pictures of the final result – before and afters included 🙂
I must say we are very pleased with the result, solid as a rock, straight line and we got some immediate privacy. Awesome!